Yantai Huasheng International School (YHIS) is an independent, coeducational, tuition-based, international school located in Yantai, China. YHIS is Yantai’s first English language international school licensed by the Shandong Provincial Government. Since the beginning of the school in 2016, the school’s enrollment on the first day of school has grown significantly from 121 students in 2016, to 145 students in 2017 and to 166 in 2018, ranging from our Early Childhood program through Grade 12. Our students represent an international community, and as such, our students enroll at various points of the year. Our application process is open on a rolling basis with the school year beginning mid-August and concludes mid-June of the following year. To support our international community who may come at different times of the year, admissions happen on a roving basis with the school year beginning in the middle of August and ending in mid-June of the following year.
MISSION & VISION
Yantai Huasheng International School (YHIS) provides a transformative and holistic education with a global mindset to develop dynamic individuals of truth, integrity, and excellence who positively influence society.
World-class servant leaders raised up in every vocation.
Our learning outcomes
From your first day to graduation.
- I treat myself and every person with intrinsic value and purpose.
- I strategically use the gifts and talents that I have to accomplish bigger purposes.
- I look for deeper meaning and explanations, and I am not content with appearances or easy answers.
- I investigate and explore by asking questions and critically thinking about the answers.
- I am eager for authentic knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.
- I refuse to let others do my thinking for me or cheat myself out of learning opportunities.
- I can see and understand people, things, or situations clearly.
- I use knowledge to make wise choices and judgments, speak the truth, and live with integrity.
- I value people, and so I invest in communication, language learning, and understanding the cultures in which I live.
- I collaborate effectively and respectfully with people from any culture.
- I build and maintain healthy relationships with others in my lives.
- I show empathy for others and look for ways to make a difference.
- I listen carefully and think deeply to determine the best response or action.
- I know how to speak perceptively about what I believe.
- I take risks and boldly do what is best.
- I am willing to ask questions and make mistakes.
- I persist in thinking, inquiring, and discussing even in the presence of threat or fear.
- I have an accurate picture of my abilities, thinking neither too highly or too lowly of myself.
- I acknowledge my limitations and my need for help, as well as accept criticism and demonstrate a teachable spirit.
- I demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- I make available my gifts, talents, time, energy, and enthusiasm to serve the needs of those around me.
- I show love towards the world around me by being a responsible caretaker of our resources.
- I strive for excellence and practice diligence to get things right; I don’t give up.
- I respectfully communicate until I am understood and question until I understand.
- I approach challenges with tenacity, creativity, and thinking.